Cappuccino with cream brûlée custard pudding
name is Arek and drink for 20 years, coffee. I drink a lot, sometimes too much. I like the taste, I like the smell, I like the idea that as soon as I drink it. Some say that I'm addicted, but it is not true (so I tell myself). I can not drink it a week or two for no reason, but I rarely break, mostly because I like to drink ....
In a previous life (as I like to call my previous employment and occupation) the day I started meeting for coffee in one of the friendly pubs in the Old Town. It was a ritual. Kawoszy team, gossip, interests and favors. And then the entire spectrum of work and proposed, drunk, or gently refused coffee: strong, lur, plujek and soluble. Especially in my mind was made a coffee, drunk at a kiosk at Monciak in Sopot *. The owner generally does not allow any representatives of the inside. I was one of the few, endowed with confidence, conversation and coffee. Incredibly strong plujką given in a glass with a metal handle. Drinking it I felt that my heart stirs waves of the Baltic Sea. When I tried to go gently, I said goodbye to Mr. Mark, I established what I fix, I opened the door and when I was on the doorstep, he says, looking me straight in the eye suspiciously: not drunk his coffee ... I went back and finished . MASSACRE!
Even this did not discourage me. Now I drink too much. Such a professional diet. Skubnąć food here and there and drink coffee. Quite religions of today, well, maybe except that I found recently in our kitchen recipe archive ** oldskulowe brûlée cappuccino. Of course, I could not go past him, no matter:)
brûlée with cappuccino cream custard pudding
(8 servings)
Brûlée:
5 yolks of eggs, mid-sized
75gr
sugar 200ml double cream (36%)
200ml milk 60ml
strong coffee
Cream:
150ml milk
½ vanilla pod, or 2-3 drops vanilla essence
30g sugar 1 egg yolk
10g plain flour 10g
cornstarch
lightly beaten 250ml double cream (36%)
8 tablespoons Demerara sugar
Brûlée:
Start mixer mixing the yolks with sugar. In the meantime, warms the milk and cream until it is close to boiling, then slowly, stirring continuously add the egg yolks and pour the coffee. Pour into a saucepan and simmer, being careful not to uproar, cook until slightly thickened. Pour into cups, filling them halfway. Cover each piece of foil cup, put into a deep sheet, fill it enough hot water to its level did not go over the level brûlée. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until it is "cut" in the oven preheated to a temperature of 160 º C. Remove cups from water bath and allow to cool down brûlée.
Cream:
Boil milk with vanilla. In a bowl, mix egg yolk with sugar and then stir in both flours. Then pour the boiled milk (remove the vanilla pod), stirring constantly (a whisk is best). Pour into a saucepan and heat for one minute on low heat stirring constantly until thickened. Cover with plastic film so that it touches the cream (to prevent the emergence of a "skin"). When przestygnie, stir in whipped cream.
Spread the cream to the ostygnięte brûlée and align the surface of a damp spoon. Sprinkle with sugar and a few minutes skarmelizuj the grill.
revelation for me! Pudding for adults;)
* In addition to the grocery store on the corner with Grunwaldzka / W-O insurgents, I do not think that it still exists.
** was served The Ivy in the mid-90s.
0 comments:
Post a Comment