Sunday, May 1, 2011

Free Old Floppy Boobs

Judgement - David Zielke + contest




Publisher: NGI
Year: 2011
Number of pages: 398
Source: Own Bookcase

FIRST POLISH FINANCIAL THRILLER

I like to read Polish literature, especially detective stories and books for women. Thrillers and also a very, only the Polish authors somehow too much never met, until not long ago. Hitting the book "Judgement" by Mariusz Zielke, I had some concerns, because the thriller thriller, but it is a financial word, scared me a little. On the other hand I was very curious how the species managed to author and what is behind it all lies. At the end of the world belongs to the brave and life have to try everything.
James Cool, a journalist working for the Financial Express, goes at the end of the life and disclose suspicious transactions Andreas Holdnera, world-class broker operating in Poland. But, as time begins to have doubts that I might have made a mistake, especially if someone gave him the information is not to destroy the broker. In the end it is known that the media is the "fourth power", which has a significant impact on society. Cold starts to conduct their own investigation, and the results are quite frightening. A journalist goes to great financial scandal, with organized crime and corruption in the background in power. And when he finally connects all the facts together, there is another problem, no newspaper will not publish his texts. Could newspapers be censored? Is so much afraid of the process? Can the loss of advertising and thus the money?.
author in the preface notes that this is a novel from beginning to end imaginary ", but for me a very real view of the affair which is heard and the reality in which we live.
Initially I was afraid that as a layman, did not get into it in all these relationships, who controls whom, from whom depend on the decisions, as it looks to investing. However, the author presented the principles of well-functioning of the Polish stock exchange, law enforcement agencies or offices. And if anyone thinks that's pretty boring topic - finance and politics, is a must read this thriller, because I just could not get away from reading. Chasing affair scandal and corruption in the higher zones is the "daily bread". Heroes characters are not colorless, everyone finally has something behind the ears. And where the big money, there greed and betrayal. You have to be really cwanym and have a strong back, to survive in the world of finance and politics.
recommend, this is not a lightweight book, but definitely worth reading. Powerful, gripping and forcing food for thought. And the only thing I do in this book did not like the cover.
Ocena5 / 6

"Over the last decade in Poland was several major stock market scandals, including the spectacular bankruptcy of two brokerage houses. As a result of these events have disappeared from the life savings of thousands of customers accounts. (...) Neither these nor any other financial scandals have not been elucidated. Those responsible are not punished, the processes continue for years, ... "

-------------------------------------

If you fancy for themselves, pass a sentence, then I invite you to submit a comment. Mariusz Zielke give a copy along with a dedication :)
submitted must be to May 7 and on Sunday I will draw a lucky :)

also invite HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment