Publisher: Harleqiun / Mira
Release Date: May 2011
Number of pages: 443
Source: Own Bookcase
This is my second meeting with the works of Susan Wiggs, winner of RITA, which is very interested in the problems of the local community. She is the author of considerable literary achievements, and her books are translated into several languages. Wrote his first book at age eight, carefully numbering them to look like straight from the printer. The book, "Waking happiness" is the position of dealing with ordinary people and ordinary problems that we ourselves often we face.
Sarah Daly leads a happy life with her husband in Chicago. And though I sincerely hate this town, it is capable of much sacrifice for marriage, for a compound which, at first glance, seems to be just perfect. But it is not, and although the disease survive and win, Jack, even though they live on a beautiful estate, in a lovely house, and they are not missing anything, nothing is as it should be. Because what kind of relationship, if only count the desire on the one hand, if we do everything in order and under the dictation of her beloved. Sarah realizes that the only time when catching her husband with another woman. Despite the pain, disappointment and anger, how he feels, he knows that a decision can only be one. It packs up and returns to his hometown in California, where instead of feel sorry for myself over, he concludes that the time to begin at last to live for yourself. But nothing is that simple, and after returning to Glenmuir, it appears that the annual effort for the child, finally came to fruition, but why are they such a moment? And what it would say Shirl, the heroine of comic books.
Taking for this book I had no fear that I would not like it, already knew style and substance of the author and I knew what to expect. But the book in some way surprised me, because maybe the story like many others recently, but still has something in itself, and the author showed that this topic can convey much more. Not only way to find itself, to its place on earth. Susan Wiggs moves about children from broken families, telling us not only their feelings, and living with uncertainty, fear, confusion, but also how much patience must show parents that the child felt loved, would not have felt is guilty of family disintegration.
She has a light pen, so a novel that I read quickly and with great pleasure. Do not miss the moments when I could but shrug and laugh. And the idea to insert scenes from the comics, before any part of it was perfect!
with a clear conscience, I would recommend to all those who like to read about small towns, mysteries and finding yourself. The road to happiness and dreams come true.
Rating 5 / 6
read book courtesy Releases Harlequin / Mira , for which I thank you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment